Uses of Electromagnetic Waves:
(1) Microwaves and radio waves are used in Radio and TV communication systems. Microwaves are also used to cook food in microwave ovens.
(2) Infra-red rays are used-
- To see through fog.
- To reveal secret writings on the walls.
- They are also used to treat muscular strains.
- Infrared rays from the sun keep the earth warm.
(3) U.V. rays are used-
- To preserve foodstuff and make drinking water free from bacteria as UV rays kill bacteria.
- They are used in detecting the forged documents and fingerprints.
- They are used to study the structure of molecules.
- They are used for sterilizing the surgical instruments.
(4) Gamma rays are used to get valuable information about the structure of atomic nuclei.
(5) X-rays are used in-
- Medical diagnosis like fracture in human bones.
- They are used in radiotherapy to cure skin cancer and tumors.
- They are used by detective agencies to detect gold, silver etc. concealed in bags etc.
- They are used to study crystal structure.
|Chromosomal Theory Of Inheritance||Difference between DNA and RNA|
|Homologous Analogous And Vestigial Organs||Rhodophyta- Red Algae|
|Lamarckism And Neo-Lamarckism||Phaeophyta- Brown Algae|
|Darwinism or Theory of Natural Selection||Some Common Human Diseases – NIOS|