Medieval Indian History GK Part 1
October 22, 2020
Medieval Indian History GK Part 1:
- Who defeated Muhammad Ghori in the First Battle of Tarain near Delhi in 1191- Prithviraj Chauhan.
- Which is the earliest Kannada work on poetics written by Rashtrakutas ruler Amoghavarsha- Kavirajamarga.
- The author of Kitab-i-Hind- Alberuni.
- In commemoration of his victory in North India, Rajendra I Chola built-Gangaikonda Cholapuram.
- Who received from Sultan Mahmud of Ghur a deed of manumission and a chatr- Qutubuddin Aibak.
- Which Delhi Sultanate ruler introduced the silver tanka and the copper jital coins- Shamsuddin Iltutmish.
- Turkan-i-Chahalgani or Chalisa is referred to as- a group of forty.
- Firuz Tughluq created a department of slaves which is called- Diwan-i-Bandagani.
- The commander of the South Indian expedition under Alauddin Khalji- Malik Kafur.
- Author of the book Padmavathi was- Malik Muhammad Jayasi.
- The Diwan-i-ariz or the Department of Military Affairs was created by- Balban.
- The rulers of the Lodi dynasty were- Pure Afghans.
- Naval expeditions of _______extended as far as the Sri Vijaya Kingdom- Rajendra I.
- The founder of the Rashtrakuta kingdom was- Dantivarman or Dantidurga.
- Who was the author of Amoghavritti- Saktayana.
- Alauddin Khalji added an entrance to the Qutub Minar which is called- Alai Darwaza.
- The Indian classical work Ragadarpan was translated into Persian during the reign of- Firuz Tughluq.
- Khazain-ul-Futuh speaks about Alauddin’s conquests was written by- Amir Khusrau.
- The governors of the provinces in Delhi Sultanate were called the- Muqtis or Walis.
- The Qarachil Expedition is attributed to the reign of- Mohammad Bin Tughluq.
- The Mitaksara commentary on the Yajnavalkya Smriti, an important source of Hindu law, was written by- Vijnaneshvara.
- The Delhi Sultan who established the ministry of agricultural development was- Mohammad Bin Tughluq.
- Who was the worshipper of Rama and composed the famous Ramcharitmanas- Tulsidas.
- Who was the first Bhakti saint of North India- Ramananda.
- Who is considered by his followers as an incarnation of Krishna or Vishnu- Chaitanya.
- Dara Shikoh, the eldest son of Shah Jahan, was the follower of the_______Sufi Order- Qadiriya.
- Who was a contemporary of Sivaji- Tukaram.
- Which Chola ruler made grants to the Buddhist Shrines at Negapatam- Kulottunga I.
- Raziya Sultan appointed an______slave Yakuth as Master of the Royal Horses- Abyssinian.
- The Chola monarch who conquered the northern part of Sri Lanka and made it a province of his empire was- Rajaraja.
- Who was the author of Adipurana- Jinasena.
- Balban claimed his descent from the Iranian hero- Afrasiyab.
- The use of a double dome to impart a definite skyline to the monuments was introduced by whom- Lodis.
- Siri Fort in Delhi was built by whom- Alauddin Khalji.
- Siyar-ul Auliya is a biographical dictionary of Sufis by- Mir Khwurd.
- _________was a malfuzat of Nizamuddin Auliya authored by Amir Hasan Sijzi- Fuwaid-ul-Fuwad.
- Which ruler got the Mahabharata and Kalhan’s Rajatarangini translated into Persian- Zain-ul-Adedin.
- Kalhan’s Rajatarangini contains the- History of Kashmiri Rulers.
- Who was famous for his generosity and earned the sobriquet of Lakh Baksh (giver of lakhs)- Qutubuddin Aibak.
- _________has written a political history called Tabaqat-i-Nasiri- Minhaj Siraj.
- New ragas such as ‘Ghora’ and ‘Sanam’ were introduced by- Amir Khusrau.
- Which Moroccan traveler compiled his travel memoirs and named it ‘Rehla’- Ibn Batuta.
- Who was called as “Zimmis”- Protected non-Muslims.
- The coming of Khaljis to power is known as the- Khalji revolution.
- The sultan who refused to recognize the authority of the caliph was- Qutubuddin Mubarak.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.