Modern Indian History GK Part 2
October 18, 2020
Modern Indian History GK Part 2:
- Who was the guiding spirit of the Ghadar Party Movement- Lala Hardayal.
- Who formed the Indian Independence League in California in 1907- Taraknath Das.
- What was the key expression in Montagu’s Declaration, 1917- Responsible Government.
- Who founded the Communist Party of India in Tashkent in October 1920- M.N.Roy.
- Which is called the Magna Carta of English Education in India- Wood’s Dispatch (1854).
- The Bengal Gazette or the Calcutta General Advertiser was the first newspaper in India published in 1780 by- James Augustus Hicky.
- Whose government passed the controversial Vernacular Press Act in 1878- Lord Lyton’s Government.
- At Kanpur, the leader of the Revolt of 1857 was- Nana Sahib.
- The first modern trade union was founded in India by- B.P.Wadia.
- Who was the First President of the All-India Trade Union Congress founded in 1920 at Bombay- Lala Lajpat Rai.
- Sir Pethick Lawrence who came as a member of the Cabinet Commission was- Secretary of State for India.
- In 1639, who established the city of Madras and constructed the Fort St. George- Francis Day.
- Who was the first Governor-General of India- Lord William Bentinck.
- Which act ended the monopoly of East India Company from tea trade and trade with China- Charter Act of 1833.
- Who introduced Ryotwari Settlement in the Madras Presidency- Sir Thomas Munro.
- Who founded the Nav Javan Sabha at Lahore in 1925- Bhagat Singh.
- Who is the author of the Novel Anandmath- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee.
- Who is the author of the book “How India Wrought for Freedom”- Annie Besant.
- To propagate the monotheistic doctrine of Hindu scriptures, Raja Ram Mohan Roy founded the- Atmiya Sabha (1815-19).
- Who formed a ‘Cow Protection Association’ in 1882- Arya Samaj.
- Narendra Nath Dutta is popularly known as- Swami Vivekananda.
- Who is the author of Satyarth Prakash- Swami Dayanand Saraswati.
- Which social reformer efforts responsible for the passing of the Widow Remarriage Act, 1856- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar.
- Santhal Rebellion (1855-56) in the Rajmahal hill area led by- Sidhu and Kanhu.
- Who launched the Aravipuram Movement in 1888- Sri Narayana Guru.
- The government would establish a ‘War Advisory Council’ was the provision of- August Offer (1940).
- Hindu Mahasabha was formed at the Haridwar Kumbh Mela in 1915 by- Madan Mohan Malaviya.
- The non-cooperation movement was suspended by Gandhi in February 1922 due to a violent incident at- Chauri Chaura.
- Karachi Session (1931) of the Indian National Congress is known for its resolution on- Fundamental Rights & National Economic Programme.
- Who presided over the Karachi Session of INC 1931- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
- The East India Association was formed in London in 1866 by- Dadabhai Naoroji.
- Deccan Riots (1875) at Poona and Ahmadnagar was against whom- Moneylenders.
- Aurobindo Ghosh was brilliantly defended in the Alipur Conspiracy case by- Chittaranjan Das.
- Who gave the title of Rani to the Naga woman leader Gaidinliu- Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- A Public Service Commission was established in India for the first time by- The Government of India Act, 1919.
- Har Bilas Sarda was the author of an Act (popularly known as Sarda Act), which was- Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929.
- Congress criticized the Harcourt Butler Committee Report because it stressed- the preservation of Princely States through British Paramountcy.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.