Sayyid Dynasty (1414-1451):
- After the death of Nasir-ud-din Mahmud, Daulat Khan Lodi became the Sultan, but was defeated by Khizr Khan(1414-1421) who was Timur’s Viceroy of Multan & Dipalpur & thus was founded the Sayyid dynasty.
- Khizr Khan claimed his descent from the blood line of prophet Mohammad.
- Mubarak Shah (1421-1434) was the protagonist of Yahya-bin-Ahmad Sirhindi’s, Tarikh-i-Mubarak Shahi. He was killed by his own nobles.
- Alam Shah (1443-1451) throne was seized by Bahlul Lodi & permitted alam to retain only his estate of Badaun.
Lodhi Dynasty (1451-1526):
Bahlul Lodhi (1451-1489):
- The first Afghan to rule India.
- He defeated the Sharqi Sultan’s attempt to seize Delhi & annexed the Sharqi Kingdom.
Sikander Lodhi (1489-1517):
- Introduced a new measurement yard called Ghaz-i-Sikandari.
- Founded the city of Agra in 1504.
- Wrote Persian verses under the name ‘Gulrukhi‘.
Ibrahim Lodhi (1517-1526):
- Babur entered Punjab, received by Daulat Khan Lodhi & Alam Khan Lodhi (brother of Sikander Lodhi) in his camp, occupied Lahore & proceed to Delhi through Sunam & Samana.
- He was defeated by Babur (First Battle of Panipat, 1526).
- First Sultan who killed on Battlefield.