Modern Indian History GK Part 4 For SSC and KAS Exam
November 2, 2020
Modern Indian History GK Part 4 For SSC and KAS Exam:
- In 1798 who authorized Ranjit Singh to occupy Lahore and rule it on his behalf- Zaman Shah.
- First Anglo-Sikh War (1845-46) ended with the treaty of- Lahore.
- Who gave the lands of Burdwan, Midnapore, and Chittagaon to the East India Company- Mir Qasim.
- Who was the first Indian sovereign who tried to apply western methods to his administration- Tipu Sultan.
- In the Second Anglo-Mysore War (178084) Haider formed a common front with _________aganist the English- The Nizam and the Marathas.
- In the Battle of Buxar (October 22, 1764) who led the British Army- Major Hector Munro.
- The Madras Mahajan Sabha was founded in 1884 by- M.Viraraghavachari, P.Anand Charlu, and B.Subramaniya Aiyer.
- Neel Darpan of Din Bandhu Mitra portrayed the oppressed peasants of- Indigo Revolt.
- In terms of chronology, the plantation industries of___________were the first to be introduced in India- Indigo, tea, and coffee.
- Dadabhai Naoroji first put forward the idea that Britain was extracting wealth from India in his paper- England’s debt to India (1867).
- Which system established the closest relation between the people and the government- The Ryotwari System.
- The Ryotwari settlement was made with the- The Cultivators.
- Who was the founder of the Pagal Panthi Sect- Karim Shah.
- Which tribe associated with the Tana Bhagat Movement- Oraons.
- Alluri Sitarama Raju is associated with which rebellion- Rampa Rebellion.
- What was the grievance of Rani Lakshamibai- The British refusal to acknowledge her adopted son as a legal heir.
- The Hindu Patriot was published from Calcutta under the editorship of- Harish Chandra Mukherjee.
- Who formed Azad Dasta in the Jungles of Nepal and trained the guerillas in storming the jails- Jai Prakash Narain.
- Which Act attempted to curb civil rights through a system of special courts and detention without trial for a maximum of two years- Rowlatt Act (1919).
- Who founded the ‘Bhil Seva Mandal’ in 1922 to elevate the conditions of the Bhils and other aboriginals in India- Amritalal Vithaldas Thakkar.
- Who is regarded as the founder of the Pakistan National Movement- C.Rahamat Ali.
- The British policy of divide and rule began during the Viceroyalty of- Lord Mayo.
- The Muslim League passed the Pakistan Resolution in March 1940 at- Lahore.
- The real father of Muslim Separatism and “the two-nation theory” was- Sir Syed Ahmad Khan.
- Who described Cripps Proposal as “an invitation to the Muslim League to create Pakistan”- Mahatma Gandhi.
- The first railway line connecting Bombay with Thane was opened in- 1853.
- Which settlement was introduced in Punjab, the Central Provinces, and the western part of United Provinces- Mahalwari Settlement.
- In the Mahalwari System, the basic unit of revenue settlement was the- Village.
- In Ryotwari Settlement______percent of the net produce was fixed as land revenue- 50.
- Novel ‘Durgeshnandini’ and ‘Anandmath’ were the work of- Bankim Chandra Chatterji.
- Who composed the famous patriotic song Bande Mataram- Bankim Chandra Chatterji.
- In April 1929, Bhagat Singh along with whom threw two bombs and ‘Red Pamphlets’ in the Central Legislative Assembly- Batukeshwar Datta.
- Who was the founder and editor of the Amrita Bazar Patrika- Sisir Kumar Ghosh.
- Second Factory Act was passed in 1891, was related to- Women Labor.
- Durand Commission (1893) defined boundaries between Afghanistan and British India, known as Durand Line. Presently it is between- Pakistan & Afghanistan.
- Who killed Rands, the plague commissioner at Poona in 1897- Chapekar Brothers.
- Who was the founder of the Young Bengal Movement- Henry Vivian Derozio.
- The most famous disciple of Shri Ramkrishna Paramahamsa was- Swami Vivekananda.
- Which commission was appointed to review the working of Wood’s Dispatch and the progress of education in India- Hunter Educational Commission (1882-83).
- Who gave Vallabh Bhai Patel the title of ‘Sardar’-Women of Bardoli.
- Who was the political Guru of Gandhiji- Gopala Krishna Gokhale.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.