Similarities Between Bacteria and Cyanobacteria:
Bacteria and cyanobacteria have the following characteristics in common-
(1) Both groups include unicellular organisms.
(2) Members of both groups develop mucilage sheath around themselves.
(3) Both the groups lack a definite nucleus with a nuclear membrane. The nuclear material is dispersed in the cytoplasm.
(4) DNA and RNA are not associated with nuclear proteins, the histones.
(5) Both the groups lack cell organelles like mitochondria, Golgi bodies, endoplasmic reticulum, etc.
(6) Some members are able to tolerate extreme temperature and desiccation.
(7) Some members carry fixation of nitrogen.
(8) Both the groups lack mitotic division.
(9) There is no sexual reproduction and meiotic division. There is a complete absence of motile spores.