Indian Polity GK Part 1 For UPSC And SSC Exam
October 20, 2020
Indian Polity GK Part 1 For UPSC And SSC Exam:
- The first Municipal Corporation in India was set up at- Madras (1687-88).
- Which was the first state to establish Panchayati Raj- Rajasthan (1959).
- Which committee recommended the three-tier system of Panchayati Raj- Balwant Rai Mehta Committee.
- Which article of the Constitution says that the Chief Minister shall be appointed by the Governor- Article 164.
- Who is the head of the Indian State- The President.
- Which Schedule specifies the powers, authority, and responsibilities of Panchayats- Eleventh Schedule.
- Fundamental Rights suspended during the operation of a National Emergency except which Articles- Articles 20 & 21.
- Who is the chairman of the Drafting Committee- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar.
- Anti-defection law provided under Tenth Schedule was added by which Constitutional Amendment Act- 52nd Constitutional Amendment Act, 1985.
- How many members of the Rajya Sabha are nominated by the President of India- 12.
- Who decides whether a particular bill is a Money Bill or not- Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- Which is called the Westminster model of Government- Parliamentary Government.
- Which committee recommended the office of Central Vigilance Commission- Santhanam Committee.
- The Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee is appointed by- Speaker.
- The minimum age required to contest for Presidentship is- 35 years.
- Which Article of the Constitution empowers the President to appoint a Commission to investigate the condition of backward classes in general and suggest ameliorative measures- Article 340.
- Sarkaria Commission has been appointed by the Government of India to report on- Centre-State relations.
- ‘Judicial Review’ functions of the Supreme Court means the power to- examine the constitutional validity of the laws.
- The Vice-President of India is the ex-officio Chairman of the- Rajya Sabha.
- In which committee Rajya Sabha has no representation and all the thirty members are from Lok Sabha- Estimates Committee.
- Ethics Committee constituted in Rajya Sabha in- 1997.
- Which Article of the Constitution authorizes the President to seek the opinion of the Supreme Court- Article 143.
- Who is the chairman of the National Development Council- Prime Minister.
- Article 112 of the constitution deals with the- Annual Financial Statement (Budget).
- Who has presided over the Joint Sitting of the two houses of Parliament- Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- Mandal Panchayats were recommended by- Ashok Mehta Committee.
- Which Article of the Constitution states that “All minorities shall have the right to establish and administer educational institutions of their choice”- Article 30.
- Which Article of the Constitution abolishes ‘Untouchability’- Article 17.
- ‘Rule of Law’ concept is propounded by- A.V.Dicey.
- Which Schedule provides provisions relating to the administration and control of scheduled areas and scheduled tribes- Fifth Schedule.
- Public Accounts Committee was set up first in 1921 under the Provisions of which Act- Government of India Act 1919.
- Who is the Guardian of the Public Purse and controls the entire financial system of the country- Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- Who is the highest Law officer in the country- Attorney General of India.
- Who is the highest Law officer in the state- Advocate General.
- The separate National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes came into existence in- 2004.
- Population Control and Family Planning come under which list- Concurrent List.
- Who appoints an Inter-state council to promote Centre-State and Inter-State cooperation- President.
- The concept of the welfare state is included in which part of the Indian Constitution- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Under which Article of the Constitution are the Cultural and Educational Rights are granted- Article 29 & 30.
- Which Fundamental Rights are available only to the citizens of India and not to foreigners- Article 15, 16, 19, 29 & 30.
- Who described the Indian Constitution as ‘Quasi-Federal’- K.C.Wheare.
- National Emergency on the grounds of war or external aggression or armed rebellion- Article 352.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.