JKPSC KAS Mains 2021 General Studies Paper 1:
Please read each of the following Instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are Twenty questions. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Answers to Questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to Questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
(iii) Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
(iv) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(v) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(vi) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vii) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
1. Write a note on Nagara style of temple architecture in India. (150 words) (10)
2. Which monument of India is the latest inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage list? Write down the significance of that monument. (150 words) (10)
3. Elaborate on the literary contributions of the Gupta dynasty. (150 words) (10) [Refer Here]
4. Write a note on pre-historic paintings with special reference to Bhimbetka rock shelters. (150 words) (10)
5. Time has come to revisit, rethink and reshape Indian Cities. Discuss. (150 words) (10)
6. Explain the geological and paleontological evidences of continental drift theory? (150 words) (10)
7. Discuss the significance of Indian Ocean as a geo-economic boundary for India. (150 words) (10)
8. What is tropical cyclone? Why don’t tropical cyclones form within 5° of the equator. (150 words) (10) [Refer Here]
9. What are the major factors responsible for the origin of oceanic currents across the globe? (150 words) (10)
10. How can you explore the changing landscape of the ‘third gender’ movement in contemporary India? (150 words) (10)
11. Secularism in India is not just the result of Constitutional provisions but also of its syncretic heritage. Discuss. (250 words) (15)
12. Assess the functionality of Israel’s Iron dome & how it works. (250 words)
13. What is intangible cultural heritage? Discuss it with special reference to recent inclusion of ‘Durga Puja in Kolkata’ in the UNESCO intangible cultural heritage list. (250 words) (15)
14. Discuss the relevance of Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts in the 21st Century. (250 words) (15)
15. Nation building depends on strengthening of pluralities in Indian Society. Comment. (250 words) (15)
16. Indian freedom movement was not a conglomeration of different struggles or certain principles, but had a long term strategic perspective. Elaborate. (250 words) (15)
17. Explain the Bio-Physical significance of Eastern Ghats in India. Describe the steps that can be taken to conserve bio diversity in the region. (250 words) (15)
18. Landslide Hazards are most prominent in the Himalayan region. Explain the geological factors of landslide hazard and its impact on the Himalayan ecosystem. (250 words) (15)
19. “India is undergoing a demographic transition the implications of which are multipronged”. Justify this statement and critically analyse. (250 words) (15)
20. The state needs to take the first step towards examining women’s actual experiences in the contexts of unequal pay, allocation of inferior work and denial of rights over their minds and bodies. Discuss. (250 words) (15)
|Temple Styles||Ozone Layer Depletion or Ozone Hole|
|Gupta Empire Literature||Conservation of Biodiversity|
|Early Indian Nationalism||Disaster Management|
|Revolt Of 1857||Natural Resources|