JKPSC KAS Mains 2021 Anthropology Paper 2:
Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are eight questions divided in two Sections and printed in English. Candidate has to attempt Five questions in All. Questions No. 1 and 5 are compulsory and out of the remaining, any Three are to be attempted choosing at least One question from each Section. The number of marks carried by a Question/Part is indicated against it. Answers must be written in English in Question-Cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided.
(ii) Your answer should be precise and coherent.
(iii) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(iv) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(v) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vi) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
1. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each. (5 x 10 = 50)
(a) Purushartha (10)
(b) Impact of Christianity on Indian Society (10)
(c) Dominant Caste (10)
(d) Burzahom (10)
(e) Westernization (10)
2. (a) Critically examine the status of religious minorities in India and effectiveness of the Government policies and programmes for their welfare. (20)
(b) What is Nature-Man Spirit Complex? How it is related to environmental conservation? Explain. (15)
(c) Discuss media and social change in Indian context with special reference to digital media. (15)
3. (a) Critically examine Surajit Sinha and F.G. Bailey’s contribution in development of the concept of Tribe-Caste Continuum. (20)
(b) Discuss the salient characteristics and phylogenetic status of Narmada Man. (15)
(c) Critically examine B.S. Guha’s classification of Indian Population. (15)
4. (a) Examine how protohistoric findings from India have contributed to the understanding of Indus Valley Civilization. (20)
(b) Discuss the contribution of D.N. Majumdar in understanding of Indian castes and tribes. (15)
(c) Describe Ethnoarchaeological findings from India with special reference to traditional technologies and organization of craft production. (15)
5. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each. (5 x 10 = 50)
(a) Xaxa Committee (10)
(b) The Sentinelese (10)
(c) Negrito Problem (10)
(d) Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (10)
(e) PESA (10)
6. (a) Discuss how Forest-Tribe relations have transformed after independence. What policies and programmes of Government of India are responsible for this transformation? (20)
(b) Critically examine N.K. Bose’s idea of Hindu Method of Tribal Absorption with suitable examples. (15)
(c) Critically discuss effectiveness of Constitutional safeguards for the protection and welfare of the Scheduled Castes. (15)
7. (a) What are the basic features of the Draft National Tribal Policy prepared by the MOTA? Offer a well-informed critique of this policy. (20)
(b) What are the causes of social unrest among the Central Indian Tribal Communities? How anthropological knowledge can be useful in addressing these problems. (15)
(c) Discuss situation of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups in India and examine impact of special programmes for their welfare. (15)
8. (a) What are the specific health problems of Indian Scheduled tribes? Discuss Special efforts made by the Government to address these problems. (20)
(b) Compare and contrast administrative approach in dealing with tribal/indigenous communities in India and Canada. (15)
(c) Examine impact of developmental programmes and welfare measures on scheduled Tribes of Jammu and Kashmir. (15)
|Concept of Sanskritization||Great Tradition and Little Tradition|
|Concept of Westernization||Four Stages of Life- Ashram System|
|Concept of Sacred Complex||Caste System in India|
|Universalization and Parochialization||Download Modern Indian History Old NCERT|