JKPSC KAS Mains 2021 General Studies Paper 3:
Please read each of the following Instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are Twenty questions. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Answers to Questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to Questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
(iii) Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
(iv) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(v) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(vi) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vii) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
1. Nanotechnology is already broadening itself in the areas of medical tools, knowledge and therapies currently available to clinicians. Explain. (150 words) (10)
2. Explain briefly the challenges and opportunities of ISRO’s role in making India a global space power in this new space age. (150 words) (10)
3. Explain the importance of India as one of the most attractive destinations for investment in the manufacturing sector. (150 words) (10)
4. Do you agree with the view that steady GDP growth and low inflation have left the Indian economy in good shape? Give reasons in support of your arguments. (150 words) (10)
5. In light of recent Supreme Court order, comment on the possibility and challenges in the regulation of cryptocurrencies in India. (150 words) (10)
6. Give an insight of the environmental hazards faced due to the consumption of uncontrolled construction materials. (150 words) (10)
7. We cannot control weather and climate events, but we need to put more efforts into disaster risk management. Explain. (150 words) (10)
8. Forest Protection and Management is not possible without participation of local communities. Discuss in context of J&K with suitable illustrations. (150 words) (10)
9. What do you think could be the requirements for the proposed joint theatre commands of the Indian armed forces? (150 words) (10)
10. Recent incidents show that social media can be a bane as well as boon to the internal security of India. Discuss. (150 words) (10)
11. “Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to provide sizable incremental value to a wide range of sectors”. Explain in this context how AI is to be the key source of competitive advantages. (250 words) (15)
12. Biotech KISAN programme of the Department of Biotechnology attempts to link the available knowledge and technology with the farmers. Explain the salient features, objectives and scope of coverage of the programme. (250 words) (15)
13. The opportunities for startups in India are immense but so are challenges. Discuss. (250 words) (15)
14. Despite economic devastation caused by Covid-19 pandemic, India’s agile response towards economic development has been commendable. Explain. (250 words) (15)
15. A battery swapping policy will be brought out by government and interoperability standards will be formulated for the electric vehicles sector. Explain how it will impact our environment. (250 words) (15)
16. Explain how blockchain technology could truly revolutionalise India’s educational institutions. (250 words) (15)
17. Pollution caused by single use plastic has become a major environmental concern in India. Explain in the context of Plastic Waste Management Amendment Rules-2021. (250 words) (15)
18. Tackling Public health challenge in India needs bureaucratic, technical and political efforts. Discuss. (250 words) (15)
19. Critically analyse the main highlights of the India’s Energy Outlook 2021. (250 words) (15)
20. Monetising public assets will be stepping up the pace of infrastructure investment in India. Highlight the major components of National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP) announced in the union budget 2021-22. (250 words) (15)