JKPSC KAS Mains 2021 Anthropology Paper 1:
Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are eight questions divided in two Sections and printed in English. Candidate has to attempt Five questions in All. Questions No. 1 and 5 are compulsory and out of the remaining, any Three are to be attempted choosing at least One question from each Section. The number of marks carried by a Question/Part is indicated against it. Answers must be written in English in Question-Cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided.
(ii) Your answer should be precise and coherent.
(iii) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(iv) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(v) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vi) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
1. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each. (5 x 10 = 50)
(a) Anthropology and Medical Sciences (10)
(b) Matrifocal Family (10)
(c) Stateless Society (10)
(d) Alliance Theory (10)
(e) Social Institution (10)
2. (a) Examine importance of Cultural Relativism in the context of Global peace. (20)
(b) Critically discuss the problem in anthropological definition of marriage citing Indian examples. (15)
(c) Discuss different methods of analyzing qualitative data in anthropology. (15)
3. (a) Critically examine the contribution of Victor Turner in development of theory in social anthropology. (20)
(b) What do you mean by the term ‘Stone Age Economics’? Describe modes of economic exchange among simple societies. (15)
(c) Discuss the subject matter and scope of Linguistic Anthropology. (15)
4. (a) Discuss the impact of urbanization and industrialization on the structure and function of family citing Indian examples. (20)
(b) What is New Ethnography? Discuss the contribution of Stephen A. Tyler and Harold C. Conklin in development of this field. (15)
(c) Give anthropological definition of Religion. Discuss the role of religious functionaries in tribal societies. (15)
5. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each. (5 x 10 = 50)
(a) Karyotype Analysis (10)
(b) Rhodesian Man (10)
(c) Epidemiological Anthropology (10)
(d) Genome-Wide Association Study (GWAS) (10)
(e) Hardy-Weinberg Law (10)
6. (a) Write a note on Absolute Dating Method used in Prehistoric Archaeology. (20)
(b) Write a note on the characteristics of Primate Behaviour studied by ethologists. (15)
(c) Discuss recent trends in the use of Recombinant DNA technology for the fields of disease and medicine. (15)
7. (a) Differentiate between Growth and Development. Discuss stages of Growth. (20)
(b) Write a note on the theories of Organic Evolution with criticism. (15)
(c) Critically examine racism and its impact on human society. (15)
8. (a) Examine anatomical changes occurring in the human due to erect posture. (20)
(b) Describe prominent chromosomal aberrations found among human beings. (15)
(c) Discuss biological factors influencing fecundity, fertility, natality and mortality. (15)
|Grimaldi Man||Characteristics of Cro-Magnon Man|
|Why is man a Primate?||Give evidences for Human Evolution|
|Evolutionary Theories of Religion||JKPSC KAS Mains 2021 Essay Paper|
|Difference between Lamarckism and Darwinism||Biotechnology– NIOS|