JKPSC KAS Mains 2022 General Studies Paper 1:
Please read each of the following Instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are Twenty questions. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Answers to Questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to Questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
(iii) Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
(iv) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(v) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(vi) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vii) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
[Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society]
(1) Write a note on collective memory as India’s valuable intangible heritage. [150 words] (10)
(2) Discuss the salient features of stupa architecture. [150 words] (10)
(3) Write a note on the local self government under the Cholas. [150 words] (10)
(4) Discuss the role of Raja Ram Mohan Roy in the socio-religious awakening of 19th century India. [150 words] (10)
(5) Discuss the relevance of Gur Nanak’s teachings in 21st century. [150 words] (10)
(6) Aryan invasion is a myth or reality? Justify your answer. [150 words] (10)
(7) Differentiate the causes of landslides between Himalayan region and Western Ghats. [150 words] (10)
(8) Discuss the multidimensional implications of uneven distribution of mineral resources in the world. [150 words] (10)
(9) Our earth is a playfield of two opposite geomorphic processes. Discuss [150 words] (10)
(10) How far has linguistic diversity helped in strengthening Indian unity? [150 words] (10)
(11) Hampi is appropriately known as “the city etched in stone”. Explain this site’s architectural and historical significance.[250 words] (15)
(12) Write a note on the Mansabdari System under the Mughal rulers. [250 words] (15)
(13) Discuss Ashoka’s policy of dhamma as gleaned from his edicts. [250 words] (15)
(14) Write salient features of Indo-Islamic architecture. [250 words] (15)
(15) Evaluate the role of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the merger of the princely states of India. [250 words] (15)
(16) Why is Indian regional navigational satellite system needed? How does it work? [250 words] (15)
(17) Urbanization and migration are causing feminisation of agriculture sector in India. In the light of statement, discuss the socio-economic impact of feminisation of agriculture sector? [250 words] (15)
(18) What do you understand by seismic noise? Discuss its impact on the seismic activities on earth surface? [250 words] (15)
(19) Explain cloud seeding and its associated forms, structure and environmental concerns associated with it. [250 words] (15)
(20) Explaining the problems faced by the sugar industry in India, account for the measures taken by the government to support it. [250 words] (15)