JKPSC KAS Mains 2022 General Studies Paper 2:
Please read each of the following Instructions carefully before attempting the paper.
(i) There are Twenty questions. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Answers to Questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to Questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
(iii) Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
(iv) If you encounter any typographical error, please read it as it appears in the text book.
(v) Candidates are in their own interest advised to go through the general instructions on the back side of the title page of the Answer Script for strict adherence.
(vi) No continuation sheets shall be provided to any candidate under any circumstances.
(vii) No blank page be left in between answer to various questions.
[Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations]
(1) “Good governance is to devise instruments to ensure hundred percent delivery of welfare measures directly to the intended beneficiaries without any pilferage.” Elucidate [150 words] (10)
(2) “Competitive elections are a necessary condition for the functioning of democracy.” Discuss the journey of India’s electoral democracy in the light of the above statement. [150 words] (10)
(3) Examine the importance of Collegium system in the light of Chief Justice D. Y. Chandrachud’s assertion that “the executive must show constitutional statesmanship and avoid public grandstanding.” [150 words] (10)
(4) Discuss the importance of amendment procedure in Indian constitution in the light of the Peoples’ Interest Litigation that challenges the first amendment of the constitution in 1951. [150 words] (10)
(5) India and France have achieved a robust strategic partnership. Discuss it in the light of the recent joint exercises between the two countries. [150 words] (10)
(6) Critically examine how the forceful expansion of reservation in recent decades has been fed by an increasing politics of caste assertions. [150 words] (10)
(7) China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) encroaches upon India’s sovereignty. Elaborate [150 words] (10)
(8) Since the threat across the Line of Actual Control has not diminished, India may continue its aggressive posture towards China. Comment [150 words] (10)
(9) “The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is envisaged as a way to bolster trading ties among nations across Asia-Pacific.” Elaborate. [150 words] (10)
(10) Keeping in view the recent inter-state disputes between few Indian states, there is a clarion call for a vigorous institutional mechanism. Discuss [150 words] (10)
(11) Inclusivity and cooperation for common good will be the core of India’s mission as President of Group of 20 (G-20). Discuss. [250 words] (15)
(12) Asia must not become arena for ‘big power contest’. Elucidate the statement in the light of power rivalry among world powers in South Asia and the Indo-Pacific. [250 words] (15)
(13) There is potential to lift India and the UK into a higher orbit of beneficial growth. Elucidate in light of impending India-UK free Trade Agreement. [250 words] (15)
(14) India’s outreach to African countries is going to augur well for the country’s foreign policy. Discuss it in the context of Egyptian President’s visit to India in January 2023. [250 words] (15)
(15) Evaluate India-USA relationship in the changing global order? [250 words] (15)
(16) Analyse five important lessons of the Covid-19 pandemic that has brought about a paradigm shift in global economic and strategic order. [250 words] (15)
(17) Discuss the need to tighten the noose against terror financing in the light of the 3rd “No Money for Terror Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing.” [250 words] (15)
(18) India must capitalize on ASEAN’s eagerness to engage. Elaborate [250 words] (15)
(19) India can play the role of “peacemaker” in the Russia Ukraine conflict justify this statement in light of Indian foreign minister’s visit to Russia in the first week of November 2022 [250 words] (15)
(20) Do You agree that Asian continent has become the hub of geopolitics, geostrategy and geoeconomics. [250 words] (15)