Modern Indian History GK Part 3
November 1, 2020
Modern Indian History GK Part 3 For SSC, GPSC & KAS Exam:
- Who forced the appointment of Alexander Muddiman Committee to inquire into the defects of the Act of 1919- The Swarajists.
- Which was Gandhi’s First Satyagraha in India- Champaran Satyagraha (1917).
- Mahatma Gandhi returned to India, leaving South Africa forever in- 1915.
- Which Act was described by Jawahar Lal Nehru as ‘Charter of Slavery’- Government of India Act, 1935.
- Who was the President of Lahore session of INC 1929 at which the resolution of ‘Complete Independence’ was passed- Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- Who was the chairman of the Boundary Commission to define the boundaries of the dominions under the Indian Independence Act of 1947- Cyril Radcliffe.
- Ancient Monuments Preservation Act was passed during the Viceroyalty of- Lord Curzon.
- The Home Rule Movement started by Annie Besant aimed at- attaining Self Rule for India.
- First Factory Act of 1881, related to- Child Labor.
- During Lytton’s Government, the first Famine Commission was appointed under the chairmanship of- Sir Richard Strachey.
- The first three modern universities were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, and Madras Presidency during the Governor Generalship of- Lord Canning.
- The pioneer of Mahalwari Settlement was- Halt Mcanzee.
- Which policy was adopted by English East India Company to increase its control over the Indian States- Subsidiary Alliance.
- Economic History of India (1901) pronounced that one-half of the net revenue flows annually out of India, is the work of- R.C.Dutt.
- The Drain Theory was officially adopted by the Indian National Congress at its Calcutta Session during which year- 1896.
- After 1813, the Drain of Wealth was largely consisted of- Home Charges.
- Which Act ended the monopoly of East India Company except in tea trade and trade with China- Charter Act of 1813.
- Under which Act, Indians were nominated, for the first time, to the Supreme Legislative Council for the purpose of the legislation- Indian Councils Act, 1861.
- Separate Electorates for Sikhs, Indian Christians, Anglo-Indians, and Europeans were provided by which Act- Government of India Act, 1919.
- Which British Prime Minister, announced a scheme of representation of the minorities, which came to be known as the Communal Award- Ramsay MacDonald.
- The first Indian woman President of the Indian National Congress was- Sarojini Naidu.
- During whose Viceroyalty, Queen Victoria was crowned with ‘Kaiser-i-Hind’ in Delhi Durbar- Lord Lytton.
- Gandhi took up his first worker’s movement for the cotton mill workers of Ahmedabad in 1918 over the question of a- Plague Bonus.
- Who led the satyagrahis at Dharasana Salt Works during the course of the Civil Disobedience Movement- Sarojini Naidu.
- Who was the founder of Vivahottejak Manadali in 1893- Dhondo Keshav Karve.
- Who composed the famous revolutionary song ‘Sarfaroshi ki Tamanna ab hamare dil mein hai dekhna hai zore Kitna bazu-e-katil main hai’- Ram Prasad Bismil.
- Who started the weekly ‘Sudharak’ in 1888, to fight against untouchability and caste system of Hindu Society- Gopal Ganesh Agarkar.
- Who gave the famous slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’- Hasrat Mohani.
- The day Mahatma Gandhi launched the Non-Cooperation movement, a great national leader died. He was- Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
- The historic Lucknow Session of the Congress in 1916 was presided over by- Ambika Charan Mazumdar.
- A British Committee of the Indian National Congress was started in 1889 under the chairmanship of- W.Wedderburn.
- Who was the founder of Atmonnati Samiti- Bipin Behari Ganguly.
- Who wrote a book Asbab-I-Baghawat-I-Hind- Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan.
- Which was the first state to be brought under Wellesley’s Subsidiary Alliance System in 1798- Hyderabad.
- The Prarthana Samaj was founded in 1867 in Bombay by- Dr. Atmaram Pandurang.
- In the Madras Presidency, Bharathmatha Association was started by-Nilakanta Brahmachari.
- During which struggle, Sardar Vallabhai Patel emerged as one of the trusted followers of Gandhi- Kheda Satyagraha.
- Who led a salt march from Trichinopoly to Vedaranniyam on the Tanjore Coast- C.Rajgopalachari.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.