Python User-Defined Function:
|We can use the PyCharm code editor for this example. If you do not know about it then follow this link- How to install PyCharm for Python and create a program in it.|
(1) A function is a series of related steps (statements) that make up a larger task, which is often called from multiple places in a program. A user-defined function represents a function that is named and provided by a user or programmer to produce the desired and certain output. In Python, a user-defined function’s declaration begins with the keyword def and is followed by the function name. The statement in the block of the function must be indented.
(2) Example of Python User-Defined Function:
- Creating and Calling a Function.
- Function Arguments. You can similarly create programs for addition, subtraction, division, etc.
- Default Parameter Value set in Function:
- Return Values- To let a function return a value, use the return statement.