How to Create New Opportunity on Existing Account in Salesforce | Edit New Opportunity:
|With Salesforce opportunities, you can monitor and control your potential deals. Opportunities are ongoing transactions. Deal information, such as which accounts they are for, who the participants are, and the amount of potential sales, is tracked in opportunity records. If your Salesforce admin has set up leads in your Salesforce org, an opportunity is created when a lead is converted. Additionally, opportunities may be directly created for the accounts you are managing.|
Create New Opportunity on Existing Account in Salesforce:
(1) In the previous blog we learn about, “How to Create a New Account in Salesforce“.
(2) Now we add a new opportunity to this account.
(3) In the Sales app, click on the Accounts tab and you find the Account Name here as shown below.
(4) Now click on the Account Name. In my case, it is ERP Consultors as shown above. After that ERP Consultors account is getting opened as shown below.
(5) In the Opportunities Tab, click on the New button as shown below.
(6) Fill in all the necessary information on the card to create New Opportunity on Existing Account in Salesforce and then click on the Save button. Note: Asterisk (*) sign represents mandatory fields and it must not be left blank.
(7) Now Opportunity is added to the existing account in Salesforce as shown below.
Edit or Add Information in the Existing Opportunity:
(1) Click on the Opportunity as shown below.
(2) Now Opportunity is getting opened. Go to the Details tab as shown below.
(3) In this example we change the Amount field value from $400,000.00 to $500,000.00 as shown below.
(4) Now it is changed as shown below.