|(1) The technique of plasmolysis is used for the preservation of pickles, jams, meat, fish and some dry fruits by using excess salt or sugar. The latter does not allow the germination of microbes.|
(2) By salting tennis lawns, weeds can be killed due to permanent plasmolysis of the cells. For this hypertonic salt solution is used.
(3) It is used to determine the osmotic pressure of the cells.
(4) The phenomenon of plasmolysis and deplasmolysis indicates that the cells function as osmotic systems.
(5) A high concentration of chemical fertilizers should be avoided as it damages the crop by exosmosis of water from the cells of roots.
(6) Salting checks the growth of plants in wall cracks.
(7) It occurs in living cells.
(8) Plasmolysis shows that plasma membrane acts as a semipermeable membrane.