Ancient Indian History GK For CTET Exam:
1. The standard seal of the Indus Valley Civilization was of the shape of:
Ans: Square (D)
2. The staple food of Harappan people was:
Ans: Wheat (A)
3. The procedures for the performance of sacrifices are prescribed in:
Ans: Yajurveda (A)
4. Vajrayana was a sect of which religion?
Ans: Buddhism (A)
5. Which general of Alexander suffered a defeat at the hands of Chandragupta Maurya?
Ans: Seleucus (C)
6. Who was the last king of the Mauryan dynasty?
Ans: Brihadratha (C)
7. Which of the following Mauryan Emperors dedicated the artificial caves to the sect of Ajivikas?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
Ans: Ashok (C)
8. Who was referred to as ‘Amitraghata’ by the Greek writers?
(B) Chandragupta Maurya
(C) Chandragupta II
Ans: Bindusara (D)
9. Who was the biographer of Harshvardhan?
Ans: Bana (C)
10. Who built the rock-cut shrines at Elephanta?
Ans: Rashtrakuta (D)
11. Who among the following was a Chinese monk who visited India during the reign of Chnadragupta II?
(B) Sung Yun
(C) Hsuan Tsang
(D) I Tsing
Ans: Fa-Hien (A)
12. Which Gupta king broke down the powers of tribal republics in Western India?
(A) Samudra Gupta
(B) Chandra Gupta I
(C) Chandra Gupta II
(D) Mahendra Gupta
Ans: Samudra Gupta (A)
13. Gathasaptasati, a treatise during Satavahanas, was written in which language?
Ans: Prakrit (D)
14. ‘Ayas’ in Rigveda is a term used for:
Ans: Metal (B)
15. Which city of Harappan Civilization was known as the ‘Mound of the Dead’?
Ans: Mohenjo-daro (A)
16. Which Veda provides us the magical formulae to restrain evil spirits?
Ans: Atharvaveda (D)
17. What does Krishnala mean in the later Vedic period?
Ans: Coin (B)
18. Which kind of race did the Palaeolithic man belong to?
(A) Proto Australoid
Ans: Negrito (C)
19. Chirand, a neolithic site, is found in which state of India?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
Ans: Bihar (B)
20. From where did Buddha start practising Dharmachakra pravartan?
Ans: Varanasi (C)
21. Angas were the sacred literature of which belief?
Ans: Jainism (C)
22. According to Megasthenes, Indians were divided into how many classes?
Ans: Seven (C)
23. Which source of the Mauryan Empire refers to a water tax, whenever the state assisted in providing irrigation?
Ans: Arthasastra (A)
24. Which river flowed near Lothal?
Ans: Bhogavo (C)
25. Which inscription narrates the victory of Pulakeshin II over Harshavardhan?
Ans: Aihole (C)
26. Which Pallava king started the technique of excavating stone temples out of solid rocks?
(A) Nrasimhavarman I
(B) Mahendravarman I
(C) Nrasimhavarman II
(D) Mahendravarman II
Ans: Mahendravarman I (B)
27. Who was the author of Surya Siddhanta?
Ans: Aryabhatta (D)
28. Bhukti, in Gupta administrative division, denotes which of the following unit?
Ans: Province (B)
29. The evidence of pot burial could be traced from:
Ans: Surkotada (D)
30. Who discovered the famous Palaeolithic site of Bhimbetka?
(A) K.N. Dikshit
(B) S.R. Rao
(C) V.S. Vakankar
(D) N.G. Majumdar
Ans: V.S. Vakankar (C)
31. ‘Krishna Ayas’ in Later Vedic literature refers to which kind of metal?
Ans: Iron (D)
32. With which of the following Veda Kaushitaki Brahmana associated?
Ans: Rigveda (B)
33. Who for the first time mentioned about the mounds of Harappa?
(A) Charles Mason
(C) R.D. Banerjee
Ans: Charles Mason (A)
34. The head of an agricultural department in Mauryan administration was called:
Ans: Sitadhyaksha (C)
35. Which Satavahana was given the credit of uprooting the Shakas?
(C) Satakarni I
Ans: Gautamiputra (B)
36. Who was forced to conclude a disgraceful treaty with Shakas?
(A) Chandra Gupta I
(B) Chandra Gupta II
(C) Samudra Gupta
(D) Ram Gupta
Ans: Ram Gupta (D)
37. Which Rashtrakuta king built a pillar of victory at Rameshwaram?
(A) Krishna I
(B) Krishna II
(C) Krishna III
(D) Krishna IV
Ans: Krishna III (C)
38. From where did the Sanskritization of South India start?
Ans: Kanchi (D)
|History GK From IAS Exam 2004 and 2005||History GK From IAS Exam 2010 and 2011|
|History GK From IAS Exam 2006 and 2007||Geography GK From IAS Exam 2004 and 2005|
|History GK From IAS Exam 2008 and 2009||Geography GK From IAS Exam 2008|