GK Compilation From SSC CGL Exam 2016 and 2017:
1. With which country, India has the longest international boundary?
Ans: Bangladesh (D)
2. Which State in India has the largest coastline?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
Ans: Gujarat (C)
3. Jog falls in Karnataka is located over which river?
Ans: Saraswati (C)
4. In which market form, a firm does not exercise control over price?
(B) Perfect competition
(D) Monopolistic competition
Ans: Perfect competition (B)
5. Which one of the following areas of India is covered by tropical evergreen forest?
(A) Semiarid areas of Gujarat
(B) Eastern Ghats
(C) Western Ghats
(D) Madhya Pradesh
Ans: Western Ghats (C)
6. The phenomenon of change in direction of light when it passes from one medium to another is called ______
Ans: Refraction (C)
7. Who has the right to decide whether a Bill is a money bill or not?
(A) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(B) Prime Minister
(D) Finance Minister
Ans: Speaker of Lok Sabha (A)
8. Which of the following is not an operating system?
Ans: Opera (D)
9. Which substance is predominantly found in urine?
(A) Blood proteins
(C) red blood cells
(D) white blood cells
Ans: creatinine (B)
10. The thymus gland produces a hormone called
Ans: thymosin (B)
11. Blood group AB has which kind of antibodies?
(A) No antigen
(B) No antibody is present in blood group AB
(C) Neither antigen nor antibody
(D) Both antigen and antibody
Ans: No antibody is present in blood group AB (B)
12. Which Vitamins are those if taken in excess can be dangerous as they are stored in the body?
(A) B Complex
(B) E and C
(C) B and C
(D) A and D
Ans: A and D (D)
13. Atomic explosion is triggered by which kind of reaction?
(A) thermo nuclear reaction
(B) chemical reaction
(C) controlled chain reaction
(D) uncontrolled chain reaction
Ans: uncontrolled chain reaction (D)
14. The discretionary powers of a Governor is limited in ______
(A) Appointment of Chief Minister
(B) Dismissal of the Ministry
(C) Dissolution of the Legislative Assembly
(D) Assent to Bills
Ans: Assent to Bills (D)
15. Who is the first law officer of the country?
(A) Chief Justice of India
(B) Attorney General
(C) Law Minister
(D) Solicitor Genera
Ans: Attorney General (B)
16. ‘Do or Die’ is associated with which of the movements in India’s freedom struggle
(A) Dandi March
(B) NonCooperation Movement
(C) Khilafat Movement
(D) Quit India Movement
Ans: Quit India Movement (D)
17. ‘Parsec’ is the unit measurement of _______
(A) Density of stars
(B) Astronomical distance
(C) Brightness of heavenly bodies
(D) Orbital velocity of giant stars
Ans: Astronomical distance (B)
18. A collective term used by the Jains for their sacred books is ________
Ans: Angas (B)
19. Which one of the following is not an instrument of Fiscal policy?
(A) Open Market Operations
(C) Public borrowing
(D) Public expenditure
Ans: Open Market Operations (A)
20. At room temperature, which metal remains liquid?
Ans: Mercury (A)
21. Which is known as carbolic acid?
(C) Acetic acid
(D) Oxalic acid
Ans: Phenol (A)
22. On which river is the Tehri dam built?
Ans: Bhagirathi (B)
23. Edward Jenner discovered vaccine for which of the following disease?
(C) Small Pox
Ans: Small Pox (C)
24. Why do the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats both receive sufficient rainfall but Deccan Plateau receives scanty rainfall?
(A) It is a rain shadow area
(B) It is located parallel to wind direction
(C) It is away from the coast
(D) Rain bearing clouds are absent
Ans: It is a rain shadow area (A)
25. In which part of the cell does the pyruvic acid is broken down into carbon dioxide, water, and energy?
Ans: Mitochondria (C)
26. What is the plant cell wall mainly composed of?
Ans: Cellulose (B)
27. What is the SI unit of Power?
Ans: Watt (B)
28. Which one of the following is not a type of coal?
Ans: Siderite (D)
29. What is the name of the first Super Computer of the world?
(A) CDC 6600
(C) COMODOR VIC/20
Ans: CDC 6600 (A)
30. Which one of the following is a component of the Food Security System?
(A) Buffer stock
(B) Minimum support price
(C) Fair price shops
(D) Mid day meals
Ans: Buffer stock (A)
31. What is the accepted average Calorie requirement for rural area in India?
Ans: 2400 (D)
32. Whose recommendation is mandatory to impeach the President of India from his office before the completion of his/her term?
(A) The Prime Minister
(B) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(C) The Chief Justice of India
(D) The two houses of the parliament
Ans: The two houses of the parliament (D)
33. How many types of writ are there in the Indian Constitution?
Ans: 5 (A)
34. Who raised the slogan “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it”?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(D) Lala Lajpat Rai
Ans: Bal Gangadhar Tilak (C)
35. Which Indian state is the largest in terms of the total area covered?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
Ans: Rajasthan (C)
36. Fog, clouds, mist are examples of ______
(B) Solid sol
Ans: Aerosol (A)
37. Which is the chemical formula of quicklime?
Ans: CaO (D)
38. Who was the pioneer of the Chipko movement of 1973?
(B) Baba Amte
(C) Sunderlal Bahuguna
(D) Medha Patkar
Ans: Sunderlal Bahuguna (C)