Install Python on Windows:
(1) Go to your web browser and type in the search bar “python.org“, you will be redirected to the official Python website as shown below.
(2) Now go to the Downloads tab and under the Downloads, tab go to the Windows option and download the python latest version as shown below.
(3) Now go to the folder where it is downloaded and double-click on it. The computer asks “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” Click on Yes. Then below interface is getting opened.
(4) When the Python Installation window opens, first of all, tick the check box “Add python.exe to PATH” and after that click on Customize installation.
(5) After that Optional Features window open. In that window, tick all the checkboxes and then click on the Next button as shown below.
(6) In the Advanced Options tick the check boxes which I have shown below in the image and in the Customize install location, we can choose the location where we want to install python software. In this example, I will directly install it in the Windows C drive. After that click on the Install button.
(7) If windows ask for authentication, then press Yes, and your software installation started.
(8) After that Window show Setup was successful. Now click on Disable path length limit and then click on the Close button.
(9) Now we check whether Python is installed on windows or not. In the windows search bar type cmd to open the command prompt.
(10) In the cmd, type python. It will show python details.
- Command Prompt is necessary for Python. We can see all output of Python on Command Prompt (cmd).
- Add python.exe to Path is necessary which I have shown above while installing the software. If you do not tick the check box of Add python.exe to Path, then python will not be shown on cmd.
|Features of Python|
|(1) Python is a high-level, interactive, and object-oriented scripting language. It is a free and open-source language.|
|(2) It is an interpreted language, as Python programs are executed by an interpreter.|
|(3) It has relatively few keywords, a simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax. So, it is easy to learn and use.|
|(4) Python is case-sensitive. For example, NUMBER and number are not the same in Python.|
|(5) Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms. So, it is called a platform-independent programming language. Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, and Mac OS X, and has been ported to Java and .NET virtual machines also.|
|(6) Python has a rich library of predefined functions|
|(7) Python is also helpful in web development. Many popular web services and applications are built using Python.|
|(8) Python uses indentation for blocks and nested blocks|